Followers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Stampin' Up Altered Family Picture Frame

This is a project that I've been working on for a little while and I love how it turned out.  I used a off-the-shelf frame (bought with a gift card that my Hostess Club gave me as a Thank You for Christmas).  Thank you so much, friends.  I'm still waiting on my nephew to send me his family photograph, but we decided to start enjoying the frame and add that photo when we get it.  Lots of Big Shot dies are used and I will list all the supplies that I used. 


I started by turning the frame over and filling it from the back to do my design/layout.

  The background  & papers used:

12x12 Close to Cocoa smooth paper
Taken with Teal
So Saffron
Sweet Pea DSP

Big Shot Dies used:

Stampin' Up Top Note Die
Stampin' Up Lattice
Stampin' Up Scallop Square
Stampin' Up Timeless Type Junior Alphabet

Punches:

Boho Blossoms
Trio Flower
Photo Corners
Corner Rounder
Medium Jewelry Tag
Extra Large Fancy Flower
1" Circle
Modern Label
Curly Label
Small Heart

Accessories:

Brads
Pretties Kit pearls
1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Very Vanilla
the Tearing Edge

Stampin' Up Stamp Sets:

Baroque Motifs
Define Your Life
Dreams Du Jour
Tiny Tags

Here is how I started....by turning the frame over and creating my layout/design on the backside.  This made placement easy.



Here are some close-up pictures of the frame. 







And that is it.  Really a fun project and it fits right where we needed it.  Now, we have a great piece of art and I made it with my Stampin' Up paper, stamps, punches, and Big Shot.  I love walking by and looking at it.  Hope you enjoy seeing this project, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.