Followers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Wreath Tutorial

As promised I'm back with more information and my Fall Wreath PDF Tutorial today.  I hope you enjoy it and make one of your own.  You can download my Fall Wreath PDF Tutorial here.  And below you will find a similar tutorial and additonal pictures and information.




This is a picture of the finished project. Here is a list of the supplies needed to complete the Fall Wreath:
Stampin' Up Ink: Basic Black Craft, Chocolate Chip Marker
Stampin' Up Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Autumn Vines DSP (retired)
Stampin' Up Accessories: Chipboard Letters, Early Express Taffeta Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Tombow Glue, Linen Thread, Designer Buttons (Regal and Deck the Halls), Perfect Polka Dots and Square Lattice Embossing Folders, Leaves # 2 Die, Big Shot, Black Embossing Powder



 

I began with a thin wood wreath, but you can use a cardboard circle, grapevine or any other type of wreath for a different look. I gave my wood wreath a good basecoat with a Cajun Craze-type acrylic paint. It doesn’t need to match exactly….just so it is a nice fall color that goes with the colors in your wreath.

When I cut my Big Shot Leaves #2 Die with the DSP, I used 4 sheets at a time and 2 sheets with my cardstock. But remember, each Big Shot is different and you should cut the number of sheets in your Big Shot that you feel comfortable with and that goes through easily and smoothly without any forced movement. I found it quick and easy to cut these leaves. After I had them cut….






I added some flowers from the SU Die Cut Blooms (retired), but you can achieve the same effect using
the Island Floral Die and/or the 5-Petal Flower Punch in Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.
Then I used my Chocolate Chip marker to “paint” the stem of the leaves.
Next, I ran the leaves back through the Big Shot using either the Perfect Polka Dots or Square Lattice Embossing Folders. I layered the leaves up on the folders—overlapping each other so they were about 2 or 3 deep. I did some DSP and cardstock…about ½ of the leaves.


Using Designer Buttons from the Regal and Deck the Halls pack (with linen thread in the centers) in the center of my Pumpkin Pie flowers, I used bits and pieces of leftover rubber and Tombow glue to “pop dot” some of the flowers. I used the same effect on a few of my leaves. I also used my bone folder to curl some of the petals and leaves to make them more realistic. Once you get started, you can’t stop. I placed all my leaves on the lower half of the wreath and started attaching them with the Tombow glue.





I used SU’s chipboard letters and inked them up with Craft Basic Black ink. Then I embossed them with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I used Tombow multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the letters and all the leaves, etc. I placed my ribbon in the center, so I had an idea where to place my letters.

I layered my early expresso 1/8” taffeta on top of my Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Striped Ribbon. I did use a little snail to hold it in place. I turn one of my little shelves on it’s side to use it to make my bows. Saves buying a bow tool. LOL I tied a knot at the base of the wreath to keep the wreath from slipping on my door and another on the top (to use the ribbon as a hanger). If you worry about your ribbon fraying you always use a bit of Crystal Effects to prevent that. 32” of ribbon for the bow and the same for the hanger.


These could be made using a variety of Big Shot Dies for all of the Holidays.  What fun.  My front door looks great.  Please leave a comment here on my blog, I love reading them.

Enjoy the Blog Hop. Be sure to check out my Fall/Winter Classes here and sign up today.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next time,
Denise Foor





















8 comments:

  1. Thx for sharing Denise! What a great tutorial. Hope to see you on future blog hops!!

    Hugs, Loni
    www.loniholt.blogspot.com
    SU Stars Blog Hop Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job. I've already decided to make a wreath and have started cutting the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic job. I've already decided to make a wreath and have started cutting the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the details Denise. Wonderful of you to share all your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute! I love that ribbon.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath. I've been looking for another fall project. It is my favorite time of the year with my favorite colors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice project! thanks for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.