Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Salt Background Paper

Salt Background Tutorial

This is a really fun salt background technique.  You can use watercolor paper, glossy cardstock or experiment!  I have seen different versions of this technique on SCS and other websites, but I tried to make it really simple for you.


Supplies Needed:  Water Spritzer Bottle, Kosher or Rock Salt, Aqua Painter, Watercolor paper, Ink Refills



I used Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Ink Refills and lots of water spritzing.  I cleaned out an old spray bottle and marked it for "water only"....it works great.  I used a little painter's palette that I had from year's ago, but you could use an old CD or craft sheet for your ink.



Next I added the Kosher Salt...table salt won't work.  I sprinkle the Kosher Salt in my hand (inside of out of the box).  This gives me a lot more control when I sprinkle it over my wet paper.  You can find Kosher Salt in most groceries stores....even in small towns.


This is how it looks after you sprinkle the salt on the wet paper.  When it dries you brush the excess salt off.  Some say you can save the salt and use it again, but I have not tried that since I have such a big box of it.



And here is a close up.  Well, that is it.  I hope you enjoy trying this technique at home.  It is fun and gives you such unique results.  The color possiblities are endless.  Have fun!

Quick and Easy cards...great for many occassions. Be sure to check out my Fall/Winter Classes here and sign up today.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting technique, Denise. I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.