Followers

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thanksgiving Candle Tutorial

Thanksgiving Candle Tutorial


As promised on Saturday, here is my tutorial on using a re-purposed luncheon meat container (or other plastic re-sealable) to package decorative votive candles for gift-giving.

You will need:

Stamp Set:  Fall Foliage, Define Your Life
Inks and Papers:  Sahara Sand, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Stampin' Up Accessories:  Early Espresso Ribbon, Oval Scallop Frame, Big Shot, Heat Gun, Wax Paper, Tissue Paper, Crimper



As shown in the above picture, I like to stamp a lot of images at once and then cut them apart to fit the candle I'm using.  White or cream/ivory candles work best.


Stamp image onto tissue paper and tear around image closely. You don't need a lot of excess tissue paper.  Color image as desired. Place tissue paper over candle and cover completely with a square of wax paper.  Heat with emboss tool until you see image melt into wax of candle then move heat tool until entire tissue paper is melted into candle. Peel of wax paper. Touch up any spots with heat tool, if necessary. The image turns kind of shiny when it is melted into the candle.  I placed one image on the front of my candles and then repeated the process again on the backside.  Now, you candles are done.

Note:  This technique can be done on any size candle, with any stampin’ coloring mediums, even embossing.



On the luncheon meat container you will need to clean it completely.  There is usually a date stamped image on the front side and I have found that a baby wipe easily removes it. 



Using scrap paper and the reverse of the lid, I traced a pattern to cut my 2 sheets of background paper.  The Sahara Sand oval is cut using the Oval Scallp Frame with my Big Shot.


Inside I used Very Vanilla strips that I ran through my Crimper to make a nest for my candles.
I hope you enjoyed this project.

Be sure to check out my Fall/Winter Classes here and sign up today.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor





















1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    These candles are amazing! I have never seen this before - I'll have to give it a try. And, what a great way to repurpose all those lunchmeat containers! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.