Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Romantic Valentine Tealight Tutorial

As promised, I'm posting the "how-to" for my Tealight Romantic Valentine project from this weekend's Blog Hop.  It features several recycled items combined our Stampin' Up! products to make a wonderful centerpiece for your table, weddings, showers or any Romantic event in your future.



To start I collected some used CD/DVD's and Soda cans.  I covered the bottom of the DVD with Designer Series Paper (DSP) and stamped my Stampin' Up Personalized Name Set...."Made by".  You can use your Circle Cutter, just trace the DVD and cut with scissors or any circle cutting system you have to cut the circle.  I used our Stampin' Up Anywhere Glue Stick to adhere the DSP to the DVD.  Set the DVD aside, for now.


Stampin' Up Stamp Set:  Personalized Name Set
Stampin' Up Inks and Paper:  Designer Series Paper (DSP) of your choice, Basic Black Ink
Stampin' Up Tools and Accessories:  Big Shot, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, Decorative Accents Die, Chunky Glass Glitter, Tombow Glue, Anywhere Glue Stick, Basic Rhinestones, Glue Dots
Non-Stampin' Up Items:  Tealight, recycled CD/DVD, recycled Soda Can, recycled mashed potato container (to hold Big Shot items)

Now, to cut your Soda Can, I use either my Stampin' Up Craft and Rubber Scissors or an very old pair of Scissors that seem to cut anything.  You may want to wear gloves because the can will be sharp in some places when cutting, HOWEVER, once you run it through the Big Shot....all edges are smooth.
I used the Decorative Accents Die.  When I was embossing using the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, I put more than one of the Die Cuts in at a time and it ran through my Big Shot with ease. 

Save the bottom of the Soda/Pop can.  This will hold your Tealight. 

Place Basic Rhinestones around the bottom of your Soda Can.  I used 4, but you can use more if you like more Glitter and Glam.  They really do sparkle.


Paint the white border of the Tealight with Tombow using a paint brush (now known as a Glue Brush).  Roll in the Chunky Glass Glitter until fully covered.  You will not adhere the Tealight to the Soda Can Bottom because the switch to turn it on and off is on the bottom of the Tealight.



Ok, your components are ready.  I placed a variety of the Decorative Accents Dies around my DVD until I got the look I wanted.  They can be out from the center some because the Soda Can Bottom/Tealight will take up that space.  After you are happy with your design you can use the Glue Dots or a Hot Glue Gun to glue your Decorative Accents Die Soda Can items in place.

Then adhere the Soda can bottom and you are done.





If you would like to step it up a notch, or don't have the items to recycle....you can use a Mirror for the bottom of the Tealight and Metal Sheets instead of the Soda/Pop Cans.

I hope you enjoy the project.  If you have any questions, please contact me or leave a comment.  Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my blog.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor





1 comment:

  1. What a great tutorial! This will be in my favs! Great job. Love the candle holders.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.