Followers

Saturday, February 19, 2011

SU Stars Blog Hop

SU Stars Blog Hop

We are so glad you joined us this month for our theme of Sale-A-Bration and Occasions Mini Catalog projects.


Home page: list of all blogs taking part in the blog hop

You should have arrived here from Veronica Miller's blog

The Project I have to share with you today is my Decorative Egg.

Easy to make, these eggs are dressed in Designer Series Paper. I used Newsprint, but you could easily use First Edition for a similar look. The eggs are embellished with Big Shot Dies and punches and crowed with rhinestone centers.




My husband got me this great old box at a recent auction he attended. It makes a perfect nest for my egg.


I used actual newspaper to create the nest in the Cigar box.



I cut my Designer Series Paper into One inch strips and used Tombow glue to adhere the strips to the Styrofoam egg.  I used an old paintbrush (now called my glue brush) to paint the glue on the back of the paper.  I just held it in place for a few seconds and creased it to fit the curves as I went along.

I added water to the Tombow glue and coated the entire egg after all the DSP was in place.  This acts as a sealer and is much less expensive then Mod Podge or similar products.



I used my Bone Folder to curl the edges of the Fun Flowers Die and added the Silver Glass Glitter to make them shimmer.  I added Rhinestones to the center of the flower to finish it.

Stampin' Up! Paper:  Newsprint Designer Series Paper (DSP), Very Vanilla Cardstock
Stampin' Up! Tools and Accessories:  Big Shot, Fun Flowers Die, Silver Glass Glitter, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tombow, 5-Petal Flower Punch


Thanks for visiting my blog today. Comments are always appreciated. Please visit often or sign up for one of my feeds.

Your next stop on the SU Stars Blog Hop is:

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com


Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing another great project and for hopping with us. Hugs, Loni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, your creation is very original and beautiful. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs, Martha Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful egg -- love what you have done with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a great idea! I would never have thought to do this. Thanks fo rthe great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative to cover an egg in DSP!! I love our Tombow Multi but never thought of using it as Mod Podge; thanks for a great idea!! So sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome egg, very clever and creative. Thanks for the tip on the glue and sharing this awesome project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative. Thanks for sharing. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous and unique project. TFS, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise--this is def. a one of a kind project--GREAT job!
    Hugs. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  11. I followed the link to this egg from Blog Finds of the Day - and want to say thank you for posting this! I had a great Easter Class last year with the Eggcellent Eggs Kit and was just thinking that I need something similar to offer this year - your egg is just perfect!! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea and love the lil box what a great hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen better than this site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really good post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.