Followers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Accessories

Embossing Birthday Napkins

Yesterday I posted the card I made for my sister, Sandy's birthday.  Today, I have the embossed napkins that I made using my Big Shot to share with you.  Another Team Member, Sue Lepako, showed us this technique last month.  I just had to try it myself and share it with you. 

This makes the inexpensive Discount Store napkins look elegant and upscale.  And they are very easy to do make using our embossing folders and the Big Shot.


After (on left)             Before (on right)






This is how I lined up the embossing folder.  The imprinted edge of the napkin is along the outer edge of the embossing folder which keeps the Vintage Wallpaper embossing inside on the plain part of the napkin.



My finished set of napkins.



Matching Napkins and Card. 

Hope you enjoyed this little "how-to" tutorial.  One of the things I love about Stampin' Up! is being able to match the colors of my papers and accessories.  And with these embossing folders and the Big Shot, you can match party supplies and decorations, too.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor


7 comments:

  1. What a genius idea! I love your napkin makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I appreciate you taking the photos on how to place the napkin in the folder. Dresses the napkin up so pretty. I made some for a bridal shower as a dress. Here is a link to the blog post if you want to look.
    http://tarheelstamper.blogspot.com/2010/08/tarheel-stamper-bridal-gown-napkin.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!! TFS!! I will be featuring these napkins on My Crafty Picks #17 with a link back to your blog on 5-22-11. If you wish to decline please email me.
    Thanks
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful! I look forward to trying this out myself and wow-ing my friends with my fancy napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's just brilliant is what that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazingly brilliant idea!!! Such a WOW factor!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.