Followers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Daisy Petal Magnet Tin Tutorial



Today I'm back with the "how-to" for my Daisy Petal Magnet Tin that I featured on the SU Stars Blog Tour this week-end.  You can refer to the pictures on yesterday's post as well as the photographs below when making your own tin.  Here is how I did it....

First, gather the necessary items:

Paper:  Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper (or any DSP), Baja Breeze, Real Red Glimmer Paper
Tools and Accessories:  Big Shot, Daisies Die #2, Circle Punches, Crystal Effects, Snail, Magnet Sheets, Nugget Tins (Non-SU), Glass Fragments (Non-SU), Sticky Strip



This is the finished tin with the Belly Band made of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper and the Daisies Die #2 Flower.  I used the Real Red Glimmer Paper to add a zing for the center of the Daisy. 

My Belly Band is 1 1/2 inches wide.

You can use any type of tin or even recycle a tin by covering it with paper and decorating it with your Daisy.

The Daisy is held together with Snail, but I used Sticky Strip on the Belly Band so it would have extra holding power for folks to slip it on and off the tin.




This close-up of the glass magnets shows how the DSP really shows.  I used the largest glass "marbles" I could find, but you can find them in all sizes.  They are flat on the one side and rounded on the top.  They are really made to put into a vase and hold fresh flowers, so you can buy them at many different stores for a very reasonable price.



The size of your glass will determine which of the circle punches you will use.  Then use Crystal Effects to attach the DSP to the glass.  A little dab will do you!  LOL



I mixed it up by using both sides of my Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper.  If you didn't buy any of this beautiful floral paper during the preview, it will be available when the new Idea Book and Catalog comes out July 1.  It is lovely.

I used the same Circle Punch on the Magnet Sheets.  You can see in the upper left of the picture, I had a few older magnets that I used on a set I made for myself.  They worked, but were not flat on the surface like the others I made.  I used Crystal Effects to attach the magnets, too.



Here is a close up.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little "how-to" tutorial.  I really like making small gifts like this. 

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor













1 comment:

  1. Perfect little gifts for hostess, volunteers in the classroom and anything else! Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Marsha W

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.