Followers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Pick em' Up Tool

Necessity is the mother of invention.  Ok, so I'm quoting Plato and giving you a tip that involves Pick-up Sticks.  Sometimes, I have to laugh at myself.  But that quote was the first thing that came to mind when I sat down to write this blog post about my new little tool.  Here's how it all started....

I'd been using Post-It Notes to use scraps of left-over cardstock in my punches, but that didn't always work when I had stamped an image on my paper.  So, I found these neat vintage wood Pick-up Sticks in the trash.  Yes, you read that right....someone threw them away and I was compelled to save them from the landfill.  It wasn't a complete set and the "can" was beyond shabby, but I kept the sticks. 

Then when I couldn't get my flower lined up in my punch,  a bell went off.  Now usually that means an angel gets her wings, but this day a Pick-up Stick got a bit of a glue dot on it's end....


The pictures get better!  Well, maybe a little. 





Ok, I hope you can see how the stick has a little piece of glue dot on the end of it.  You can use it over and over until it doesn't stick anymore. 

You guide the cardstock where you want it and then punch.



You can also use your stick to pick up small items dropped on the floor or your work area. 

If you don't have Pick-up Sticks, you could try a wood Coffee Stir Stick, old paint brush handle, knitting needle, etc.  Try this, I promise you will be grabbing your little stick to use all the time. 

If you do not currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and would like to have a copy of the new 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog, you can pre-order your copy from Denise Foor Studio PA (me).

Cost includes shipping - US residents only $10

If you place a $50.00 order with me (online, etc) between now and the end of June, you can receive your 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog for free. Contact me today!

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.