Followers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Punch Art, Fancy Fold Card Photo Tutorial

This week we had another SU Stars Blog Hop and as promised, I'm posting my photo tutorial of my Frog Hopper Punch Art Fancy Fold card.  This entire project was inspired by my friend and fellow Pennyslvania Demo, Heather Casey, who I talked to on the phone and finally met at Leadership earlier this year.  Here's the "back" story....when I received my badge/ribbon for Leadership Heather's envelope was stuck to mine and delivered to me by the Post Office.  I was afraid to just put it back in the mail for fear she wouldn't get it in time for Leadership.  That would mean she would have to wait in line to get a replacement, etc.  So, I found her telephone number and called her.  I told her I had her envelope with her badge and if she didn't receive it in a few days to call Stampin' Up!  Well, that was that.

Then at Leadership, we all turned in our Badge and got our beautiful bags...


and I went over in a quiet corner to switch my stuff over to my new bag.  This nice woman came over and sat beside me on the floor with her new bag and we started talking.  Now remember there are a thousand other Demonstrators in the room....so we talk and talk and finally exchange names.  Yes, you guessed it...it was Heather.  We laughed. 

Here we are on stage together...


Heather and me

Swap by Heather Casey, Leadership 2011


Close up of Punch Art Frog



This weekend for our Blog Hop I posted my Pacific Point Frog (see my Post here).  The color options are endless and fun.



Punches Used:

Extra Large Oval, Large Oval, Boho Flower Punch, 1 3/4" Circle, 1 3/8" Circle, 3/4" Circle, 1/2" Circle, Itty Bitty Circle

With your SU paper snips take a small triangle out of your Old Olive Extra Large Oval to create the Lily Pad.



Score 4" x 12" DSP at 2", 4", 8", 10"



Fold from center to edge of 2" score and 10" score.
Open up, Turn upside down and Fold the same way from the bottom.



Help the inner folds bend in on themselves and you end up with this.
Place your frog (or other punched animal) in the center.

Stamp Cardstock and layer on Whisper White, then adhere to your fancy fold card.

Sides Measure:  Whisper White 1 3/4" x 3 3/4"
                   Cardstock  1 1/2" x 3 1/2"



Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  Your comments are always welcome.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor







1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.