Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Holiday Hoopla


Holiday Hoopla Blog Hop


Welcome to the SU Stars Blog Hop



If you want to see the entire list of bloggers here.

You probably arrived here from the previous blog on the hop, Jane Hignite's Stamp With Jane located here.

My project today was inspired by Tara Bilbao's Halloween Mantle piece that she created for UStamp, but I didn't want to create a sitting piece.  I played with Tara's idea and created my hanging banner.

Can you guess what I used for the base of each letter?  That's right, paper bags that are folded in hald and distressed with Basic Black ink.  It was the perfect canvas to apply all my Halloween goodies to for my banner.

I used My Digital Studio (MDS) to print the letters and labels, as well as the accent pieces.  The downloads can be found on page 8 of the SU Holiday Mini Catalog...Pick Your Poison Embellishments and Piece of Poison Stamp Brush Set.  Use the Alphabet download of your choice.


Yes, some items are retired SU on this piece and some items are from my "before Stampin' Up! stash", but this is the kind of project that lets you use what you have and LOVE it!!!




MDS Downloads:  Pick Your Poison Embellishments, Piece of Poison Stamp Brush Set
Paper and Inks:  Basic Black Ink, InkJet Printer, Very Vanilla, Night & Day Specialty Designer Series Paper (retired), Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, other non-SU papers
Tools and Accessories:  My Digital Studio, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Glitter (Fine Galaxy, Black and Fine Supernova, Orange), Dazzling Diamonds, Sticky Strip, Basic Pearls, Brads, Buttons, Ribbons, Decorative Label Punch, Stapler, Bat Punch (retired), Stampin' Dimensionals, Circle Punch, Distressing Esstentials Kit, Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink (on the N)



Hope you enjoyed this project today. Remember to sign up for my Feed or add me in your Favorites/Bookmarks and check back often. Your comments are always appreciated. Thanks so much.




Now on to your next hop at Paper Luxuries here.


Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

13 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea. I love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how creative is this! Wonderful job!!!! Clap, clap, clap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!! I may have to copy this for decor at my own home. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Denise! This is great! Can you make me one too? LOL I'd love to see the directions! TFS! Raissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely fantastic. You really outdid yourself. But then all of your creations are over the top fantastic. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I want to see you do one for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter please.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just awesome!!! I need somewhere to hang this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing! I love all the details on each letter. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most amazing banner ever! Well done, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise:
    I LOVE things like this--so glad you created the whole banner--it is TERRIFIC!
    Many Hugs, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fantastic! You can save it and use it year after year. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your thinking!!! This project is amazing. I love eye candy and this is it!!!!!!! Great Job thanks for going out side of the box you give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I see so many possibilities for this idea, and what a great way to use bits and pieces of your "stash o' stuff". Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love this!! Awesome job and I will be featuring this banner on my Halloween feature of My Crafty Picks #40 with a link back to your blog on 10-30-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

    Thanks and take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.