Followers

Friday, November 18, 2011

Gift-Giving Idea Blog Hop

It's Holiday Gift-Giving time!

Welcome to the SU Stars Blog Hop


You can find the entire list of Blogs listed on the SU Stars home page here.
You probably arrived from previous blog on the hop, Krafting with Karen located here.

Today's project is perfect for the pre-teen and teenagers in your life to hold their special treasures.  These plain little muslin bags can be transformed into fanciful, cherished bags with some Gesso and Stamps.



I used my Clear Block and stamped the bag with Gesso.  Gesso can be found in any Art or Craft Supply store.  I placed a piece of cardboard inside the muslin bag before applying the Gesso.  Let the Gesso dry completely before stamping.  You can paint the Gesso on with a paint brush if you don't want to use your Clear Blocks, but the Clear Blocks make it quick and easy.

Replace the cardboard and then stamp with Classic Ink in a variety of colors.








Tip:  I used our Basic Black marker to outline the Button Buddies Pig to make him stand out on the Gesso.





Stamp Sets: Artistic Etchings, Bear Hugs, Button Buddies,  Flight of the Butterfly, Nature Silhouettes, Nature's Nest, You're A Gem
Tools and Accessories:  Gesso and Muslin Bags (non-SU), Clear Block to stamp the Gesso, Scrap Cardboard for inside the bag while stamping


Hope you enjoyed this project today. Remember to sign up for my Feed or add me in your Favorites/Bookmarks and check back often. Your comments are always appreciated. Thanks so much.






Now on to your next hop at Stamping is my therapy located here.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com




Until Next Time,


Denise Foor

13 comments:

  1. OMG these are too cute!!!!! Thanks so much for the great idea Denise! I'll be making some

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work!! These are just adorable. Thanks for the fun.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I will have to try this as I think they would make great gift bags for the next stamp-a-stack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and clever idea, just love these little bags. They are so fun and will make great gifts. Thank you for sharing your idea and with such an easy to follow post. Can't wait to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, these are really cool! What a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I bought some of those bags! They are so cute and it looks so easy. Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I know how to stamp on those muslin bags! Just need to get some Gesso. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your directions and these bags are stinkin cute!!!!! Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat idea Denise--I've never stamped on a bag before so I appreciate you sharing how to do this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What darling gift holders! Love how you painted them..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I made some for my red hat group for our Turkey Day dinner the other day. They loved them! Had chocolate inside, of course! I am making some for Christmas to sell at our Christmas party as I am one of the vendors that will be there. I know they will love them.

    Cindy Ferenz
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers and Aunt to 1 Marine
    www.stampindragon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.