Followers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pulled Pastels

Lovely as a Tree

The "Pulled Pastels" technique is one of my favorite to do.  It is fun, easy and makes a big impact.  Sometimes I play around with colors and cards and get some fun images.  None is better then my old stand-by, Lovely as a Tree.



Stamp Sets:  Lovely as a Tree, Jolly Old Saint Nick (retired), Plant Hope, Blessings from Heaven
Papers and Inks:  Bashful Blue Pastel, Versamark, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Shimmery White
Tools and Accessories:  Pastels, Taffeta Ribbon, Glue Dots, Daubers, Dazzling Details 

Pulled Pastels (some call this Reverse Pastels) is accomplished by rubbing your dauber all over a dark piece of cardstock.  Ink a stamp with the Versamark pad and stamp onto the chalked cardstock.  The stamp will "pull" off the chalk, leaving a negative image.  It works great with a bold or very detailed image.

Tip:  If you don't have any of our daubers, you can use a cotton ball.  I tested it and found it used a lot more of my pastels, but it will work in a pinch.

I will post another sample on Monday, December 19....please check back.

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.