Followers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Garden Makeover

Easter Flowers

Before I share with you my Garden statues' makeovers, I thought I would share my Easter flowers with you today...these came from my flower garden.  This year we have some beautiful blooms and I love bringing them inside to enjoy.  Hope you had a wonderful Easter!


Yes, I made the bunny years ago....he has many bunny friends that live on my shelves during the Easter season.  Our granddaughters love to help decorate for Easter and place all the bunnies and their friends!

Another project that we had been working on....the granddaughters and me....scrubbing and painting all of my garden statues.  I bought some primer and spray paint and we worked on them several weekends.  I didn't take enough before pictures, but the difference is really something especially with the new mulch my husband just put down in the flower beds.




I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Krylon spray Primer and Blue Ocean Breeze paint.

We did a lot of resin garden statues similar to this one that we have in all the flower beds around the house and garage.  After scrubbing them and letting them dry, they were easy to spray with the Primer and Blue Ocean Breeze Paint.


These are my old concrete mushrooms that I found in the trash.  Yes, I'm a long time junker.  My husband likes to say that we were junkers before there was a name for it.




Here they are all sprayed with the Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer.





I used the remaining Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Blue Ocean Breeze on the tops and acrylic paint on the stems and base.  I sprayed it all with an acrylic sealer.  I made sure to spray the Primer on the base to help prevent anymore crumbling. 

It looks great in a shady spot in the garden where we really needed a little color and goes perfectly with our mid-century home.


Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com
Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.