Followers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Altered Halloween Canvas

The Witch Is In

Another altered canvas board for you today.....this time I'm thinking ahead to fall and the trick or treat season for the little ones.  I used my Crop-A-Dile (retired) and some wire and turned this one into a sign.


One of the things I love, love, love about altered art pieces is that you can use bits and pieces of your stash to create cute art objects for yourself, your family and friends or to sell.  I used lots of little things on this one and it was a lot of fun.  Here is how I began....


I distressed the edges of my canvas board and then inked up my Distressed Dots Background stamp with Lucky Limeade.  Next I stamped my Netting Background stamp with Summer Starfruit right over top of the Distressed Dots.

Tip:  with the new SU foam type ink pads it is so easy to put your stamp flat on the table as shown above in my picture and then put on your ink on the rubber.  



Tip:  I always take my rubber off my wheels and use them on my clear mounts.  I used to mount them on wood, but now I don't have to do that anymore since we have the new clear mounts.  For instance, on the now retired In Stitches wheel used on this project, I even cut the rubber apart so that I could use each stitch separately like you see around the 2 edges of my canvas.

Stamp Sets:  Eat Drink Be Scary (retired), Collage Alphabet (retired), Spooky Bingo Bits, Netting Background, Distressed Dots,  In Stitches Wheel (retired)
Colors:  Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Tools and Accessories:  Buttons, Ribbons, Wire (non-SU), Crop-A-Dile (retired), Distressing Kit (retired), Google Eyes (non-SU), Vintage Netting, SU Hardware (retired), SU markers



NEW session of my STAMPERS CLUB beginning....

I will be starting a new Technique Club Hostess Club this September. If you want to learn new ways to use your products and want to grow in your hobby supplies in a controlled way, then this Hostess Club may be for you. Each member will receive Hostess benefits during one month of the 6 month membership. Plus one member wins a terrific door prize each month. Club is held at my home in Bedford, PA.



Upcoming Stamp-A-Stack....Christmas in July.....

Sign up now for my annual Christmas in July Stamp-A-Stack

Tuesday, July 31

1:00 until 3:00pm (2 spaces available)

or

6:30 until 8:30pm

Create 10 beautiful Christmas cards with matching envelopes....2 each of 5 designs. Get an early start on your Holiday crafts and card making. This is an annual event that you won't want to miss.
$20 pre-paid by July 24
Contact me today to reserve your seat. dfoor@embarqmail.com



Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,

Denise Foor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.