uni-ball Signo Gel Pen
I love the look of the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen. Like most crafters, I've used gel pens from many sources seeking that perfect bright white color without bleed through (where the color from your dark paper bleeds through turning your white ink purplish!). I have found that the uni-ball Signo Gel Pen available through Stampin' Up! gives me the brightest white color.
- Write a message inside a card with a darker card base (when I was too lazy or didn't want the look of an extra whisper white or very vanilla layer)
- Color in small details of a stamped image on darker cardstock
- Add highlights to eyes
- Journal directly onto a scrapbook layout using dark cardstock (sometimes that light journaling block just doesn't look right on an elegant dark page)
- Create faux stitching on darker cardstock or when I want the stitching on lighter cardstock to be more subtle
- Add highlights to a watercolored card
While Stampin' Up! works to offer you the highest quality available for all of their products, there is nothing more frustrating than picking up one of your stamping tools and not having it work right away. Clogging seems to be an industry wide issue with gel pens, especially if not used regularly. If your pen has sat unused for any length of time and has clogged, do not throw it away! You might be able to get it working again.
Methods to unclog your white uni-ball Signo Gel Pen:
- Run the tip of the gel pen under hot water or dip the tip into boiling water briefly.
- Rub the tip with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball (alcohol wipes are watered down and might not work as well).
- Pass the tip of the pen just above the flame of a lighter, candle or match to soften the ink.
TIPs to get the best results from your white uni-ball Signo Gel Pen:
- Remember to write gently with a gel pen. Pressing too hard can disrupt the ink flow around the ball of this roller pen.
- To prevent smudging, remember that there is a short drying time with the gel ink.
- Avoid clogging by using your pen regularly!
Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online
or, you can e-mail me at email@example.com
Until Next Time,