Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Creative Elements

Flourish Designer Frame Pins

Making jewelry with Stampin' Up! hardware is a lot of fun.  I put these "Create" pins together for team members who attended this month's downline meeting after being inspired by Janet Wakeland's creations.  

Once I started placing doo-dads on the glimmer paper to design the pins....well, it was hard to stop.  The Decorative Label Punch works perfectly in the Flourish Designer Frame (Holiday Catalog) and the glimmer paper is really study.


The first thing I did was gather everything I thought I would use for my pins.  I like to recycle things, so I use old pill cups to hold embellishments when I making a bunch of something.  Otherwise I'm always crawling around on the floor hunting for the brad I knocked off my desk.  


Our Glimmer Paper works great with the Designer Label Punch and the Holiday Catalog Flourish Designer Frames (8 to a pack).



I just laid the hardware and banners out on the frames to get an idea how I wanted to place items.



I made one for myself for Christmas.


Crystal Effects covers the entire Glimmer Paper area of the pin including all of the hardware.



They are all just a little bit different....some of the Stampin' Up hardware is retired.  For instance, the larger pearls came from the Pretties Kit, but it is all SU except the chain.


I used the Crystal Effects to attach all the hardware (cut the backs off the brads)....use StazOn Ink and let it dry before covering with Crystal Effects.





Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,

Denise Foor

1 comment:

  1. these are really cute. There's some pretty chunky jewelry in the stores lately. I like your's much better and using up old stuff, a Bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.