Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall and Halloween Blog Hop

SUStars Blog Hop 


You can find the entire list of Blogs listed on the SU Stars home page here.

You probably arrived here from Janice Heighway Stamping with Janice located here.  

Your next hop is to Michele Tinsley Paper Glitter & Embellies Oh My  located here.

French Foliage Crayon Resist


Just love Cajun Craze and More Mustard.....looks just like the Fall leaves in Pennsylvania this time of year.

Stamp Sets:  French Foliage, Seasonal Sayings
Inks and Papers:  Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Glossy White Card stock, Black StazOn Ink
Tools and Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Big Shot, Bronze Buttons, Crayon Resist Technique, Dauber, Houndstooth Embossing Folder





These large Bronze Buttons are so light, but add so much punch to a card.



It's really hard for me to make a card without using my Big Shot....

Tip: If you can't find a white crayon around the house to use for the Crayon Resist Technique, you can use a white (or light color) candle.....guess you just need the wax. In fact, I found the cheaper crayons work best.

Someone asked me if you have to use a white crayon, I did try a light peach crayon and it worked. But I do have to say that I like working with the white crayons best.  I do not know where you can buy a box of all white crayons...sorry.



Close up of the Crayon Resist Technique....It is one of the older techniques, but I just love the look.  They are also listed under the "Labels" heading on the left side of my blog under Crayon Resist Technique. Or you can type in "crayon resist" in the Search This Blog box on the left side of my Blog and lots of samples will come up.  If you do a search on the left side of my blog, you will find many recent cards done with this technique along with more instructions and tips. 


Hope you enjoyed this tour today. Remember to sign up for my Feed or add me in your Favorites/Bookmarks and check back often. Your comments are always appreciated. Thanks so much.


Now on to your next hop is to Michele Tinsley Paper Glitter & Embellies Oh My located here.



Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,
Denise Foor

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen crayon resist for a long time. You really did a beautiful job on the Fall card using this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Denise--Those leaves look real! And you are right--that button is just perfect! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall card! I haven't tried the crayon resist yet but it's going on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card and technique are just great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. Got to find hoe to do crayon resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeppers, this had to be one of the best of the older techniques. Loved your card. It reminds of Nashville, Indiana, where I use to live. The trees changing colors in October is spectacular to see. Probably about the only thing I miss about living in Indiana (except for good friends).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I haven't done this one in awhile. I love the colors, reminds me of fall in Indiana. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Fall card and great use of the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this card, I used to love doing the crayon resist - have to do it again. Love your colors and the inside of the card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, and it's nice to see crayon resist - it's been awhile. Thanks for the reminder about how to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.