Followers

Monday, March 11, 2013

Bottle Caps

We've had some beautiful weather over the last few days.  It is great to see Spring arriving once again.  I just can't wait for the trees to break into bloom. Soon the bees will be buzzing around all the sweet smelling flowers, so here are my bottle cap bees to share with you today....


These are cute little Bottle Cap pins I made using my Big Shot and Crystal Effects.  Stampin' Up! calls these Soda Pop Tops, but I have always called them Bottle Caps....they are in our Spring Catalog Item Number 129388 on page 24.



I use my Big Shot with the Platform on Tab 1 with a piece of cardboard cut to cover my clear plate.  This helps cushion the Bottle caps and keeps my clear plate from getting so scratched.


I usually do about 8 Bottle caps at a time.  I place them like this on my cardboard.


Next place I place my 2nd clear plate on top of the the Bottle Caps.....you are probably laughing now thinking that my clear plate is already pretty scratched up!  To tell you the truth, I keep this clear plate set just for projects like this and save my other set for Embossing and Framelits.  


This is how they turn out after they are run through the Big Shot.  Nice and flat....even, too.  You can see the marks in the cardboard.


I stamped on Whisper White and punched them out.  Used glue dots to adhere them and then covered them with Crystal Effects.




On the back, I used safety pins which I covered with a small piece of white felt....it was all held in place with Crystal Effects.



Stamp Sets:  Itty Bitties, Collage Curios
Accessories and tools :  Soda Pop Tops (Bottle Caps), Big Shot, Crystal, Safety Pins and Felt (non-SU)

So don't you just love this time of the year??? It's free give away time. It's SALE-A-BRATION time!



Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,

Denise Foor

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Denise! Your'e good at making pins... I want to make some, but my crysstal effects bottle is clogged! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use a long hat pin to unclog your Crystal Effects, if you don’t have one try straightening out a paper clip. I keep a couple of old pins and a paper clip with my CE and Dazzling Details just in case I ever need one to. The new bottles of Crystal Effects are made differently! Yippee.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful tips, including the ones in the comments! girl you're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.