Followers

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Polished Stone Technique

Somehow, I really got behind in my blog posts.  I don't know how it happened or why it happened, but it just did.  So, I'm playing catch up....this is a card that we made in my February Hostess Club using the Polished Stone Technique.       


The tools I used for my Polished Stone Technique:

Re-inkers
Shimmer Paint
Cotton Balls
Clothespin
Glossy Cardstock
Alcohol
Color Coach to choose 3 shades




I use little "pill cups" to hold the rubbing alcohol....makes it easy to handle and less chance of a major spill.

The clothespin holds the cotton ball and helps keep your hands very clean.  Well, as clean as a stamper's hands can get.  Big Grin!



Using glossy cardstock, cotton balls, rubbing alcohol and reinkers will create this unique technique. Put rubbing alcohol on a cotton
ball.  Add two drops of a light colored reinker and then add a SMALL amount of Shimmer Paint/metallic ink to the center of the cotton ball. Continuously dab until the entire surface of the glossy cardstock is covered.  Stamp on top with Basic Black or heat emboss with Versamark and embossing powder.  



I stamped the floral stamp from My Friend in VersaMark and heat embossed it for an extra step in this Polished Stone Technique....adding Embossed Resist.







Stamp Sets:  My Friend, Blooming with Kindess
Inks and Papers:  Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Basic Black, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Glossy White Cardstock, Versamark
Tools and Accessories:  Bitty Buttons, Seam Binding, Blossom Punch, Daubers,    Re-inkers



Also, now through April 30th: Enter to win a trip from Stampin' Up! to San Diego!







Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,

Denise Foor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.