Followers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

It seems like the Chalkboard look is everywhere....in Home Decor, paper crafting and gifts.  I have two fun cards to share with you today...one that uses the vintage green (Garden Green) Chalkboard and one with the newer black Chalkboard.  Of course, now most teachers use the white board or even something more modern than that....but I still enjoy seeing the green chalkboards.  So here we go...


I used my white craft ink with white embossing powder to really make the images pop.  Then just sponge some white craft ink or use your retired pastels/chalks around the images to imitate eraser marks.  So easy.
Use a white colored pencil to outline the outside edge of the card front or any of the elements.





Inside sentiment.

Stamp Sets:  By the Tide, Vintage Verses (retired SAB)
Inks and Papers:  White Craft Ink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Tools and Accessories:  White colored pencil, White embossing powder, heat tool, Embossing Buddy, Sponge, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Pastels/Chalks




This card was made for one of my classes months ago for Easter.  I'm really behind in my posting, but I wanted to share it with you because it shows the vintage green blackboard made with Garden Green card stock.


Tip:  I used all clear stamps on this card, so I placed them all on the "F" Block and inked them up.  


Inside sentiment.  You could use the same design for a Thinking of You or Get Well card.

Stamp Sets:  Nature Walk, Crosses of Hope, Best of Birthdays, Artistic Etchings, Love and Sympathy
Inks and Papers, Wisteria, So Saffron, Garden Green, Whisper White Craft Ink, Floral District DSP
Tools and Accessories:  White colored pencil, White embossing powder, heat tool, Embossing Buddy, Sponge, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Pastels/Chalks

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,

Denise Foor






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.