Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Rainbow Background Technique

This is a really fun technique that I enjoyed playing with on my watercolor paper.  The colors blend and run into intriguing combinations that add so much interest to your card.

I used Million-Dollar Moments and Rain or Shine from the recent Occasions Catalog for my cards today.

To complete the Rainbow Background Technique you will need:  Watercolor paper, SU markers, Aqua painter and Stampin' Spritzer.




To begin, I scribbled each marker about half-way down my paper--varying the ending place.  




Hold upright over your mat and spritz with water.  You can also use your Aqua painter to "pull" the ink down after you spritz.  You may get drip at the bottom of your paper if you spritz a lot or if you used a lot of ink when you colored with your markers, so be sure to have it over your mat.




Here is one of my finished cards using the Rainbow Background Technique:



Inside Sentiment:





Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online

or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,


Denise Foor

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.