Followers

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Magical Masking Tape Technique

Lots of folks have shown variations of this technique, so I thought I would post my instructions here using Painter’s Tape.  Painter’s Tape is so much easier on our card stock than regular Masking Tape and I highly recommend its use for this technique.  You will love this technique.

What you need for the Magical Masking Tape Technique:
Stampin’ Up! Ink pads in multiple colors
Painter’s Tape (Blue tape found in any paint section)
Whisper White card stock or other light color

Begin by tearing the length of your Painter’s tape that you choose to use and marking it with permanent marker with the color name for each strip (as shown in the pictures):




Writing the name of your ink color on your tape helps prevent using the wrong tape on the wrong ink pad….especially helpful in classes or clubs.
After inking up your tape by pressing lightly with your fingertips, lift the tape up and place it on your card stock.  Press lightly on the tape while on your card stock and lift.  Then ink up the next color.







Add your third color, using the same method of tapping your fingertips on the tape.






After you have your tape colors on your card stock, stamp your images, as desired. 





Here is my completed card sample using this technique:


Stamp Set:  Wetlands

Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online


or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,


Denise Foor

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - I'll be trying this technique soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I've never seen this technique before and I think I will use it soon. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.