Followers

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Build a Banner

What fun I had creating with the new Build a Banner Kit....

Build a Banner Simply Created Kit

This Banner kit found in the Holiday Catalog includes Pennants and accessories for creating custom banners.  Includes eighteen 5" x 7" blank canvas paper pennants, 6 each of 3 designs; jute twine; alphabet and image stencils; and Stampin' Spritizer.

Here is my first banner....





I used dark, deep colors including Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, and Sahara Sand for contrast.




I used Daubers with my kit stencils on the canvas pennants.











My banner hangs above my work table in my Studio, so it gives me inspiration all month long.  This month I chose the word "EXPLORE" and the stamped images remind me of all exploring I need to enjoy in my life....

travel, spirituality, nature, neighborhood, my art, books.

The stamps I used to represent my exploring include:

Crosses of Hope (retired), The Open Sea, Off the Grid, Backyard Basics, Everyday Flexible Phrases (retired), Tote-ally Tess (retired), To You and Yours (retired)

Banners are so much fun to make, so if you haven't made one....just give it a whirl.  They really give you a chance to be creative and go a little wild.  Have fun with it.



Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online


or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,


Denise Foor

1 comment:

  1. I've just made my first two banners -- one that says "give thanks" and the Halloween banner kit from the Holiday Catalog. Man, these are faster than one would expect and SO MUCH FUN! I'll have to figure out a place to put them in my tiny house. I have them up at work right now, hoping to engender interest in a class. Thanks so much for sharing all your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.