Followers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Build a Banner Stencils

There is no doubt that I love the "Build a Banner Kits" #133507 in the Holiday Catalog.  I've been making banners and ordered several "Banner Simply Created Kit" # 132699 blank canvas refills.  I just don't want to run out of these.  

Today I want to show you how I used the stencils that come in the Build a Banner Kit to make Christmas gift bags.



Here's my finished bag....now here is how I made it.....



Alphabet and Design Stencils come along with Banners, Twine and a Spritzer in the "Build a Banner Simply Created Kit".




I placed the Chevron stencil over a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I used painter's masking tape to hold the stencil in place while I sponged on the Old Olive ink.




Tip:  Place a binder clip on your sponge to help keep your nails and fingers nice and clean.




Sponge the ink on.  You can always repeat if you want your color darker.



After you finish sponging your ink, remove the tape and gently lift the stencil away from the card stock.




This is what mine looked like when I took the stencil away.  I didn't trim my card stock to size until I finished inking and stamping.




Now, place the mask (provided in the Banner Kit) over the card stock.




The mask makes it so easy to stamp.




Remove the mask after stamping your image.




Cut card stock to size.  Adhere to gift bag and add ribbon.  Easy and cute.



Tip:  You can find plain bags like this at the Dollar Store.


Hope you enjoy this quick and easy tutorial.



Sign up now for my October Christmas Stamp a Stack.

When:  October 29, Tuesday  2:00 until 4:00 pm

Where:  Orchard Heights, Bedford, PA

Make 20 Christmas cards with matching envelopes.  Two each of 5 designs.  Come join us for lots of fun, stampin' and get ready early this year.

Cost:  $20

Email to confirm your registration:  dfoor@embarqmail.com



Please click to Order Stampin' Up! Online


or, you can e-mail me at dfoor@embarqmail.com

Until Next Time,


Denise Foor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.