Followers

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Halloween Luminary

This is really a cute project using Washi Tape that my granddaughter and I made for this month's samples.  Of course, she claimed it after I finished my Washi classes.  This is a Halloween Luminary and a small tart candle, but these can be made for all Seasons or Holidays.  

The metal of the tart candle is covered with a small strip of Washi Tape.  I bought this on the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack.  Then I attached it to a 2 1/2" Basic Black Cardstock circle punch with a glue dot.  Perfect for my Halloween decorations.





Supplies:  Washi Tape, Circle Punch, Basic Black Cardstock, Tart Candle.


Just take an old Mason (or in this case a mayo) jar and decorate.....












Supplies:  Mason Jar, Battery-Operated Candle, Owl Punch, Ribbons, Glue Dots, Washi Tape, Cardstock for Owl.


I found it best to put the jar on it's side and sort of roll the Washi Tape around the jar.  This helps to get it on straight.  Using glue dots helps keep the ribbon in place.  The battery-operated candles can be bought at the Dollar Stores or Wal-Mart and work great inside the jars.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.