Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fireflies

When I was a kid I loved bugs.  I caught bugs.  I kept bugs.  I experimented with bugs.  I played with bugs.  If it was a bug, I was after it.  Our little dog, Ginger, spent so much time with me bug hunting that she learned how to ferret out grasshoppers for me.  In the fall, my Mom would have to make me come in at night because I was busy catching lightening bugs or fireflies as many people call them.  I hated setting them free....but free they must be.

I had a large collection of jars, but never a Mason jar since they were holding food my Mom "put away" in the cellar.  No, I was reduced to old pickle jars with nail holes punched in their lids.  So, this is my card which brings back all the memories of those evenings chasing my friends around the yard with my best friend, Ginger.



Stamp Sets:  Jar of Love, Sunburst Sayings, Kinda Eclectic



I heat embossed the lid with silver embossing powder and cut it out with the Everyday Jar Framelits.

The wings of the fireflies are colored with Soft Sky and Basic Gray using my Aqua Painters.



Inside Sentiment.

Colors:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Black Archival Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your comments are appreciated.